Tooth decays and cavities can be painful, and also it can double the damage if not treated on time. Dental fillings procedure by our experts in Angie Dinh DDS can help in replacing your damaged teeth in a single sitting.
What is Dental Filling?
Dental fillings are a dental procedure in which the decayed or damaged tooth is replaced using special filling material. This will help in preventing further decaying of teeth. Plus, this process can also help you to reduce the sensitivity in case of enamel loss.
How is Dental Filling Done?
The dental filling procedure involves the following steps:
- At the initial sitting, the doctor will evaluate the patient’s dental health condition and previous history. Based on the findings, the filling material and the treatment plan are decided.
- A local anesthetic is applied to numb the area where the filling is to be applied.
- In the next step, the decayed portions of the teeth are removed, and the area is cleaned using an air or water unit.
- Now it’s time to apply the filling. It is applied in thin layers. If the decay is closer to the root, the nerves are shielded by applying a line of filling on it.
- After the filling material is applied, it is hardened using ultraviolet curing light.
- At last, the filling will be shaped, trimmed, and polished to make it look natural.
How to Take Care of Teeth After Dental Filling Procedure?
Like any other dental procedure, it is important to take good care of your teeth after a dental filling? How?
- Avoid hard and sticky foods.
- Bite and chew food items slowly and carefully.
- Chew with your mouth closed
- Avoid sugary, very hot, and cold foods, beverages from your menu.
What are the Advantages of Dental Filling?
- A dental filling is one of the best options for teeth replacement.
- Halts the progression of decay in your affected teeth
- Preserve most of the tooth structure; only the decayed area is replaced
- Need only a single sitting for the whole procedure
- Relatively durable
At Angie, Dinh DDS, replace your damaged teeth with our dental filling at an affordable cost. Call us to learn more!